Monday, September 1, 2008

NYC, part 1!

Mark, Layla and I went to New York this weekend for the US Open! I hadn't been since 2001, when we had breakfast in the shadow of 2 magnificent towers.... We took a red-eye from PHX that was delayed 2 hours so it was straight to Queens for us!





Mark bought us courtside seats (row 8) in Ashe stadium because he "wanted to hear the shoes squeaking." It was totally worth every penny. We were so close. It was warm but the clouds kept rolling in and out.

All hail Federer!

The line-up for the day session on Ashe was Jelena Jankovic, Roger Federer, and Novak Djokovic. Roger is arguably the best player to ever set foot on a tennis court and I wanted to have the opportunity to watch the genius at work. He is so graceful and fluid and amazing. The TV does no justice to how fit and strong he is either. He handily won over Thiago Alves.

I had Layla with me and the sun was quite bright so I took her in the club level promenade to feed her and walk around. It was like these people had never seen a baby. After 3 or 4 laps around Arthur Ashe Stadium, everyone knew us!

She was so amazing. She is in a babbling phase so we took her out occasionally. They kept showing her on the big screen in Ashe stadium.

Next post: Times Square and The Little Mermaid on Broadway. Plus, my baby rules Manhattan.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Lamar Echols said...

8th row!! Wow!! And Roger Federer. That is cool. I bet that was an interesting experience having the baby there. I'm glad she was good for you.

Danae said...

I'm so glad that you got to see The Little Mermaid! Good Call! Did you get to say hello to any friends while you were in NY?

Mary said...

8th row i'm so stinkin jealous. I bet Rog was hot!