Monday, January 19, 2009

From 2700 feet, with love....

We went on a hike in Phoenix last week (those from the Rocky Mountains, insert joke here_____). Camelback Mountain is about the most famous mountain and Phoenix, so the Merrills, and the rest of the weirdos who live in Scottsdale, ascended it. It was a pretty challenging hike for the girls, but they loved scramblin' up the rocks. Layla bounced the entire time and cried when Mark stopped, paused, hesitated. We enjoyed the view from the top and the sense of satisfaction we got from completing a hike with no meltdowns (from Alexis, of course. Maybe someday I'll tell the story of my meltdown on top of Mt. Timpanogos, it's one for the books. I am surprised Mark still married me after that...)


Mia, being so patient, while Mom fiddles with apertures!

The nation's fifth largest city.

Pondering...

Happy to be on the summit....
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Andrea said...

What a great hike!! And I love the look on Layla's face!! She looks so happy to be "bouncing"!! Too cute!!

Amanda said...

I can't believe you lugged your camera along. That's one thing that DSLR's aren't is hiking friendly. Or maybe it's just the huge lens on mine that makes it so heavy. I forgot about that. Looks like a fun hike!

Amy G. said...

so cute! when you figure out those apertures, let me know!