Thursday, March 12, 2009

Fast Times at East High

Yes, I went to East High School. No, Troy and Gabriella did not go there, but a bunch of other tools did. When I was visiting home a few weeks ago, my parents and I dropped by the old stomping ground so I could take some pictures of the permanent marks I left on MacNeil Drive.

They have instilled a dress code, which I thought was pretty cool, but that didn't prevent me from seeing more boxer-short clad butts than I was prepared for.

Layla was with me and I think it was my mom's worst nightmare coming true--her daughter trucking a baby down the halls of a high school. Luckily, I wasn't the only one there with a kid...

This picture is a little self-indulgent, but I was proud. I still have dreams where I fail the last semester, or forget that I have signed up for a class, yet never attended it.

The old mural Sarah Vandeberg and I painted in the gym. We spent 3 weeks during the summer after my sophomore year doing this. I remember listening to Elton John's "Can You Feel the Love Tonight" from the top of the scaffolding.


The pool mural was the first one we did, which led to us being hired to to the gym. We did it during boys' swim season. Not enough Michael Phelps-like bodies for my liking, more like Jack Black-bodies.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Crystal said...

You can always make me laugh! I totally have dreams exactly like yours where I'm failing a class I forgot about and have never gone to. Then I wake up and feel so pathetic. It was great seeing you this weekend! You're quite the arteest.

Jenson Family said...

That's really cool! You are amazing! P.S. Stop making fun of the Jensons and East High!

Hanson Crew said...

Fun times. My kids think it is pretty cool that our high school has the same name as Troy and Gabriella. And I really do think back to EHS days when I watch the movies...korny I know!

heather ann said...

You are so funny- tools at east high? No way...
Bytheway, good work valedictorian and artist at that! You are awesome!! Can I hire you to paint a mural for me?:)

heather ann said...

um...yeah, I know by the way is three separate words...I apparently wasn't valedictorian:)

Cyndi said...

Alexis....you are too funny!! I love reading your blog. Um I'm glad I'm just finding out about the valedictorian thing because other wise I would have been very intimidated to talk to you...Miss smarty pants:) So glad your dad is well, I'm sure that was a scary time for you & your family. Take care!