Sunday, June 14, 2009

Wish You Were Here...



Somehow, God took all the most

beautiful things


in the world and jammed them on a

tiny rock

in the middle of the Pacific.


When you are hot, it rains or a fragrant breeze blows.




When you are cold, the sun peeks from behind a cloud.




When you are sad, a rainbow appears on the mountain. (But who's sad in Maui, c'mon!)




When you have stared at the ocean long enough, a gentle sea turtle pops its head up to say hello.




When you are feeling mischievous, a lumpy toad lets you run him over with a golf cart.




When you are homesick, you see a BYU football sticker on a car, or you overhear tourists talking about how hot it is in Phoenix.




When you are feeling romantic, the sunset shows you colors that you have never seen and your honey is sitting next to you.




When you are tired, it's only 6:00 on your inner clock so there's nothing you can do about it.






We wish you were here to share it with us....


So here are some edited and unedited shots. I {heart} my camera.


Surfboard fence on Hana Highway.


Layla taking it all in



Mia and her shoes.


Ready for beach!





6 comments:

Jenson Family said...

I'm soooo jealous! I wish I were there too! Cute pictures - you're getting good with that new, nifty camera! Thanks for the DVD. I got my pics over to my ext drive, and now I need to download all my other digi stuff onto it and GET GOING! I might need a maui tutorial though... Should I hop a plane and come over??

Tara Reid said...

Ohhhhh. That looks nice....

tappens said...

the girls are soooo cute! i really enjoyed talking to you guys today. it really sounds like you are having a blast.

Vickie said...

Kevin and I just got back from the big island with our 3 girls too! Okay, they're a bit older than yours. But we had so much fun. One of these days we're going to go to Hawaii and I'm not going to come home. Glad you had fun!

Co Co B said...

love this. love you.

Mary said...

I can't believe you wrote that, poetry at it's best! beautiful pics and I love the new look! The turtle shot is awesome!