Wednesday, October 13, 2010

It's like pulling teeth...


Mia lost her first tooth!  Now, normally, we don't get too excited about this normally-occurring event but Mia just turned 6.  Ava didn't lose her first tooth until she was almost 7 1/2!  The other reason this is noteworthy is that Mia can be a little dramatic when it comes to pain, blood, discomfort, etc.  We dreaded this event.

I was taking her to lunch on her birthday 2 weeks ago when she screamed out, "My mouth hurts, my mouth hurts!  It feels like my teeth are falling out!"  My heart raced a little and I quizzed her on whether she had hit her mouth during recess.  When I was able to inspect, I laughed as I told her, "Mia, you have a wiggler!  That is completely normal!"

Mark and I told her she would have to pull it out when she was ready.  A few nights ago, she ran into our bedroom at 4 am laughing and showed us her tooth.  It had come out in her sleep and was just sitting in her mouth.  No drama, no tears!!!

3 comments:

Jenson Family said...

Holy crap, Al, don't title your blog posts like that! WTH were we all supposed to think? Geezo. Congrats on the tooth though. SEriously. Don't freak me out though.

tappens said...

That is so cute that she came in to show you in the middle of the night! So is the toothfairy going to reward her extra for not being dramatic?

Honey said...

A tender mercy!