Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Proud of my boy!


Mark ran in the Salt Lake Marathon last Saturday. He was really nervous because it was snowing when we arrived on Tuesday night, but the weather was perfect on race day. I dropped him off at the U about 5 minutes before it started then went home to get the girls and his mother.

Even with a map of the race course, we had a hard time getting to him. I kind of miscalculated how quickly he would run it. I thought I could drop him off, then go home, eat breakfast, see a movie, knit a sweater, then go see him at mile 2. The above picture is mile 16 I believe.

Above is the finish line. 3:47:46!

The massage. Enough said...
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Anton wanted to run in that marathon. We thought for sure we would be in Utah by now. But no such luck. Congrats to Mark! That's an awesome time. Did the spectators get massages too? :)

Crystal said...

Mark! You're crazy! Way to go! I wish I could do that. There's just no way I could, I'm sure of it. You ran it really fast! Hey, Alexis, math genius, how fast did he run each mile?

Rose said...

Yay Mark!! Totally cool.