Sunday, July 5, 2009

Se7en


Happy birthday dear Ava, happy birthday to you!

We started her special day with heart-shaped pancakes. She dressed for church then begged to open one present. She opened a dress from me which she quickly changed into. She wore new earrings and a necklace picked out by Mia. Our dear friend made her a special "Happy Birthday" clip which she had been packing around all summer.





At church, the Primary sang to her and gave her a crocheted lei.
She requested salmon and rice for lunch.
We had Ava's birthday party at the El Dorado cabana. I made her a "beach cake" and we opened presents and sang to her.




Tomorrow, Ava and I are going parasailing on a 1200' foot line. Wish us luck!

3 comments:

Mary said...

oh my goodness i LOVE these shots of ava. what a beautiful girl.

Crystal said...

HOLY CRAAAAPPP! I can't believe she's 7! Seriously, I have tears in my eyes. Where does the time go? The grow up WAY TOO FAST! We love you Ava!!!!

Lamar Echols said...

Ava really is amazing. And you, Al, you never cease to amaze me with your creativity. That cake!! It is an honor to study under one of the great.
Danae