Thursday, March 20, 2008

Just Another Day in Paradise

I took Ava snorkeling off the beach yesterday. It is a spot we have gone to for years, with a million of the indigenous fish and sea turtles. I have snorkeled this spot at least 2o times plus two scuba dives so I really know the ropes. Ava and I entered the water and got comfortable. We saw lots of Moorish Idols and Humuhumus. Then we ventured around the wall to really see some amazing fish. However, I began to really look at the sea floor, about 35 feet down and started to think about sharks, eagle rays, and even humpback whales. I really started to panic, envisioning one of these creatures making a one in a million chance of visiting this location. I did not want to worry Ava so I casually suggested we return back to shore. She agreed and I think I broke swimming world records swimming back to the beach. I must be getting old.

Layla made her first poolside appearance at the Marriott pool. We sat on a lawn chair next to some 15 year old "prostitots". I must be getting really old. I wanted to tell them to put more clothes on.

No comments: