Saturday, March 29, 2008

Some Maui pix

Here are some random pictures from our fabulous spring break in Maui!!!
The trip really helped get the girls over the funk they had been in since Layla's birth. It was very relaxing, like always. Make sure you get to the end of this post and watch a little video clip Mark made!

I love this girl! She is so cuddly, my most cuddly baby by far.

Rare photo of her awake

My MIL would sit with her on the lanai and watch for whales.

Ava on the beach

Layla's blessing day--random placement I know. She wore my blessing dress as the other girls did. I went on eBay and was able to find two other identical dresses so each girl can have their own. Can you believe that? The original dress is 30 years old!

Mia on Ka'anapali Beach

Layla in the cabana on Ka'anapali beach. I believe I am chatting with Leslie on my cell phone while I take this picture.

Photographic proof that Layla went to the beach

After Ava nearly drowned in a "washing machine" wipeout, we enrolled her in a private lesson with a local named Kekoa. Check out his prodigy!


BTW, I have LOVED everyone's comments about Twilight. I plan on reading book number 4. It is my BYU alumni/Mormon mom duty.

Alicia Lindsay asked what was on my bedside table:

The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger

(They are making a movie of this starring Rachel McAdams (The Notebook))

A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith

Cold Mountain by Charles Frazier.

(Starts extremely slow, but picks up.)

Interred with Their Bones by Jennifer Lee Carroll. This is DaVinci Code a la Shakespeare.

7 comments:

Amanda said...

Love the surfing video! I wish we could be a beach family. Anton is determined to make us a mountain/camping family. We'll see who wins out. Layla looks like such a cute little chub! Love it!

Jenson Family said...

I can't believe how awesome Ava did surfing!!! Oh my gosh! She is amazing!!! Way to go! I'm glad I made your blog, even if it was just the mention that we were talking on the phone as you took the photo!!!! Love it! And, I'm glad you will read the 4th and final book - you might as well, c'mon. How do you like A Tree Grows in Brooklyn? I just finished Life of Pi yesterday and totally liked it - probably one of the best I've read in a while. A great discussion book. Layne and Layla have the same brown Old Navy hat! I think Layla looks a lot like Ava, but also like Mia... She definitely has both girls' looks right now. Do you think so??

Co Co B said...

gorgeous. i love that you have made them water babies.
the surfing is rad. i wish i had learned when i was little. would make it so much easier now.

Honey said...

Great pics! And Ava?! What a natural! That's awesome.

The Lindsays said...

What a fun trip! Thanks for the book recommendations, as well. I'm always looking for something good!

Andrea said...

Ava is so good at surfing!! She is so brave!! It looks like you all had a great time! Your girls are so beautiful!

Laura said...

I loved the video of Ava! Very cute! She was brave! Also Layla looks like a darling little cuddle-bug!