Thursday, July 10, 2008

Happiness is...



We have just returned from the biannual "Merrill Camp". This one was held in Brian Head, UT, and we abandoned the tents for a gorgeous cabin. Now, if any of you ever build a large cabin (or house for that matter), please spend an amount proportional to the dollar value of the home on mattresses. Maybe I am getting old, but I spent three nights trying to get comfortable. It was fun to be with all the Merrills--Grandpa Tay, Heidi & Greg, Pete, Tay, Paul's kids, Jane, Scott, Spence and Kris plus their 25 offspring.


We had family photos taken by my sister's sister-in-law at Memory Grove. So in case any of you have forgotten what we look like, here.



Oh yeah! Ava, Mia and I ran in the 1 mile fun run in Provo on July 4th. We would have been faster, but halfway through the course, I saw my brother, Henry, struggling with Layla so I made them stop so I could call him and make sure he was okay. Ava ran in circles around me, so technically, she ran 1.1 miles. Mia did so well and ran the whole way. SHe was so excited so cross the finish line and get her necklace (medal). Why oh why can I not download all my fabulous photos!

114
Alexis
Merrill
Gilbert
AZ
16:24
115
Ava
Merrill
Gilbert
AZ
16:07

5 comments:

annelisa said...

What a cute family! You look beautiful, Al!

Twinlinebackers said...

I LOVE the picture of your family walking. It's so cool. How fun to run a fun run with your kids. We should find one to do. What a neat experience.

Jenson Family said...

What great photos of you guys! Way to go on running the Fun Run. You guys rocked it!

Honey said...

I love your family pictures - you guys look great!

Hanson Crew said...

great pictures! Congrats on the run to both you and Ava!