Monday, July 28, 2008

Photos, part 3


On our way to UT in May, Mark took us on a "short" detour to the south rim of the Grand Canyon. While it was beautiful, there are two reasons these things are not as fun for me:
1) My brain typing is such that I take one look and that is all I need. I can remember it. I don't get uplifted and emotional at sights like these. I would rather learn about how they mapped it, or the range of temperatures at different elevations. However, they only want you to look.
2)I grew up in the west. I feel like I have seen this stuff my whole life. Now a condensed, dirty city with infinite skyscrapers, that's cool.

At the Church History Museum, they had an exhibit called, "I am a Child of God." Mia and Ava loved the "nursery" with the babies and hospital kits. I would just get comfy on a bench with Lay-Bug and watch them be mothers and pediatricians. On one such visit, the only available baby was African-American. Mia looked at me with a furrowed brow and I began distracting her with details about the doll and the outfit before she could make an embarrassing comment. She did great though and played with the doll for a long time.

Another "short" detour. We passed through Sun Valley, ID on our way to Boise. Poor Mark, he almost had me convinced it was only 45 out of our way until we hit road construction that shut down the two-lane highway to one-way traffic for about 5 miles...

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jenson Family said...

Yeah, I love how you were more interested in the temperature graph and what not! That's so you! You make me laugh!