Tuesday, May 13, 2008

My Book!!


I can't believe I was so blase about my scrapbook in the last post! This has been the highlight of my week!!! I had wanted to get into digiscrapping for a while because I was really tired off the gluesticks and paper pieces all over the place. My friend and college roomie, Amanda, is quite talented and really inspired me. (Check her link below!). I started in November 07, working from the present back to May 2005 when I had quit printing pictures because I took so many boring ones.

I was immediately hooked and as soon as the girls were in bed, I would run to the computer (who am I kidding, I was 7 months pregnant...I didn't run) and stay up all night working in Photoshop. This album, with only a few of the 101 pages shown, covers 2005 and 2006. Most of 2007 are done and I am working furiously on Layla's first days.

When this arrived from Shutterfly, I showed anyone who came within a 40 foot distance of me. I threatened to make it its own backpack so I could carry it around with me.

I will send you the Shutterfly preview by email if you want to see it page by page. However, I don't think I'll send it to you, Amanda, because I scraplifted some of your pages...

Next time, I will do the journaling in Word so that I can employ the spellchecker. Now that Ava is a pretty good reader, I have her asking me why I wrote "ocaen" instead of ocean....

Some sample pages....

This is my favorite page. I took pictures of a boxful of worksheets and displayed them on a spread for Ava.

I did this book entirely out of freebies off the internet. Check out ikeagoddess.blogspot.com for continual updates of freebies.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Your book looks fabulous!!! I don't mind at all that you scraplifted me. I scraplift other people all the time. I want to see the whole thing! What size book did you get? 12x12 or 8x8? I need to print out a bunch of my pages and you may have just given me the oomph to do so. But it looks great, awesome job!

Jenson Family said...

I absolutely LOVE this and it looks like it turned out awesome! I gave my friend your link and she is swearing that now she is going to do the digi thing! I need to call you to get some help on how to lay the pages out and all... It looks beautiful. I wish I were within 40 feet of you so I could look at it in real life!

Andrea said...

That is so wonderful!! I think you did a wonderful job and all with freebies! You are awesome! Amanda inspired me to start doing digiscrapping! I even worked for a site until it totally consumed my life and so I had to quit!! LOL!! Your book is amazing!! I love it!! Great job!!!

The Lindsays said...

That looks amazing! I just started scrapbooking again after a 3 year hiatus and I'm beginning to seriously consider the whole digital thing....what program did you use? Just Shutterfly?