Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The New York Times endorses Obama! Beware!

What's Judy doing looking at my blog anyway? I would have taken a pic of the nasty scorpion, but Mark obilterated it with Ava's church shoes....

Sorry!

Found in my comments:
"Hello,I just came across your blog and found a copyrighted image there. About.com owns the copyright to that image and doesn't allow it to be reproduced without permission and a fee. I ask that you immediately remove that image. Alternatively, you could certainly link to the page at my site where that image appears. Here's that link.I am supposed to report copyright violations to the legal department of The New York Times, but I would prefer to give you the opportunity to correct this mistake.
Thanks for your quick attention.
Judy Hedding
About.com Guide to Phoenix, AZhttp://phoenix.about.comwww.
About.comAbout.com is part of The New York Times Company

5 comments:

Hanson Crew said...

Okay, that it crazy! I can't believe that actually happened - some people do have a little too much time on their hands. I loved that post by the way about the scorpion - how crazy!

Andrea said...

So she was for real?? What a weirdo. What does she do randomly look at people's blogs?? It wasn't even that good of a picture?? I would have loved to have seen the mashed one!!!

Unknown said...

Hi,

No, I don't randomly look at people's blogs, but I do keep a lookout for places where my material appears without permission. Writers/photographers often do that.

Many people use Google Images and assume that just because they found an image there that it is OK to use. it. Even Google Images has a statement that photos that they include there may be subject to copyright. Some are not, and those are probably the ones that people should use when they need a picture.

I hope that explains it!

Judy Hedding
About.com Guide to Phoenix, AZ
http://phoenix.about.com

www.About.com
About.com is part of The New York Times Company

heather ann said...

Dang Alexis, it looks like you have quite the following...who knows, maybe they will publish you in the "Obama loving" papers. Too funny...I can't believe your scorpion story...now Im totally freaked out, looking everywhere for one!

Crystal said...

I'm confused...