Sunday, November 16, 2008

Ways I am becoming my mother

I have a great mom. She taught me well and I have always wanted to make her proud. I realized the other day, that I am becoming her. Not that any of these things are bad, they are just very Melanie-esque.




1. Ava forgot to bring home her lunch bag. As I was packing her lunch the next day, I shoved the entire ensemble into the recently emptied granola bar box for her to take to school. Why waste a paper bag?




2. I frequently reply to the statement, "Mom, I can't find my ________" with "If I find it in your room, you are grounded for a week."

3. I allegedly have used the statement, "Your dad and I have to have this furniture long after you are out of the house, so stop abusing it."

4. I put onions in stuff even after Mark begs me not to.

5. I think I have gone to the mailbox in my bathrobe.

6. I loathe school fundraisers and wonder why they can't just send home an envelope asking for donations.





No matter how hard I fought against my mom, she wasn't going to let me fall off the edge. Thanks for the wonderful legacy you have given me, and a definite standard to measure up to!

6 comments:

Mary said...

to top it all off you even look like your mom, lucky girl...your both beautiful

Jenson Family said...

HOLY CRAP! I can't believe how much Ava looks like you! I mean, I always kind of knew that, but... That picture of you as a little girl looks just like Ava! Oh my gosh! That was straight up freaky! Wow! Yeah, I too, do a lot of Karen Campbells and I notice some Bob Campbells too! Eeek! Someone stop me!

The Lindsays said...

Loved this post....I so totally relate to the, "If I find it in your room you are grounded..." thing. It just drives me CRAZY?!

heather ann said...

I can't believe how much you and Ava look alike. Ha Ha, my mom used to say "If i find it in your room, I'll kick your butt" (this was when we were teenagers of course) I love the granola bar box...that's great.

Andrea said...

Wow, you and Ava are twins.

It's so amazing how we all grow up saying, "I will never do what my mom did." and now here we all are, doing the same things they did.

Mothers are wonderful.

Rose said...

So funny . . . my fav is the granola box and I totally put onions in everything and Bill hates it.