Sunday, February 13, 2011

Major Renovations on Memory Lane

This is the bookshelf of scrapbooks from my pre-digi days. Tomes that weigh about 13 pounds each. Some of the holes on the sheet protectors have torn so they swivel and fly around. My sister-in-law, Joy, gave me the idea of scanning each page and printing them into a hard bound book like my digi-scrapped books.


So I employed Ava to do my scanning. She is trying to earn some money, so I promised her $5 per whole book scanned (about 100-115 images). She was a little miffed that this took about 2 hours and she could not play on Barbie.com simultaneously.

She did a great job, although I keep finding files like this.



Some of the images will be left in their original state.  Not fancy, but the memory is there.  Like these.

Others will get redone.   Digi allows me to add the flair I could not do with paper since I had a hard time spending hundreds of dollars on ribbons, flowers, expensive stickers, and many, many sheets of paper.  I can also easily resize photos or blow up small details that I could not do with the standard 4 by 6 photos.

So these































become






















I can consolidate pages and add some much-needed journaling.  I also add names in the off chance that say, Carrie D becomes famous for something other than her amazing transformation from all-American girl  to high school tartlet.  


Hindsight has given me an interesting perspective on these events and I can also write down things that I think my posterity will enjoy.  For example, my mom and I went the rounds about sleeves on the dress shown above.  I am glad she won!

This





















becomes



















This little ditty



















becomes



















And the coolest part?  This becomes





this!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

You are so diligent with your scrapbooking! I'm a huge slacker on it. I haven't made a scrapbook page since Dec. 2007. :( Your pages look fabulous!! Maybe I should hire you to do mine. I know you have all the spare time in the world. :)

Jenson Family said...

SHUT UP!!! You are killing me!!! No way!! How in the world do you do it????? My gosh! Alexis! I am way impressed. Beyond impressed, actually.