Sunday, February 27, 2011

Chip off the (young and beautiful) block

 Three weeks ago, my friend Mary asked me to come to her home to help her decide if some curtains went in her house. We chatted for a bit, Milo barfed on her, then she said, "Can I carry him home for you?" Why not?

When I arrived back home, my friends and their kids were gathered in my family room.  There were cakes, cupcakes, brownies, and a few candles!  A surprise party for me. 


Now between the fabulous baby shower my girlfriends threw me in October, and Mark's 40th shindig in November, I think we've worn these guys out with Merrill celebrations, but to my total surprise, they revealed that it was all Ava's doing!
She made invitations,

baked the cake at Danae's,

and formulated a plan to get me out of the house.  (You mean Mary doesn't need my "expert" opinion on curtains!) 

That's my girl!

Unfortunately, this marks the SECOND time in my life that I have shown up to my own surprise party in sweats! (Click on the picture for a closer view, there's no way I am going to retype this story!)

3 comments:

Jenson Family said...

You are kidding!!! That is so great! How awesome!

Hanson Crew said...

I can't believe how young you all were in that last picture. Scott is hilarious. So fun! Thanks for sharing and happy belated birthday.

Mary said...

YES i really do need your opinion on drapes! FUN night. we love merrill parties all the time!